INFORMATION ABOUT YOU Your Information
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may bemandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data (for example Caricom API and US secure flight data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies and our service providers who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These purposes include administration, service, quality and improvement-related activities, customer care, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programmes, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies. We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalised and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws and social media.
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
(1) On completing our Data Subject Access Request form, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email”, opt-out of personalised emails or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) For a list of relevant brands, please send us your request.
Please write to Sportsworld Group Limited’s, Legal Department, TUI Travel House House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9QL.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), data protection controls may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
USE OF TOOLS/"Cookies" and Links to Other Websites
Our website(s) may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security and fraud, we may review, monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; (3) transactions and activities at all points of contact; and (4) web, social media and app traffic, activities, etc. All recordings and derivative materials are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
STATEMENT ON COOKIES
We have categorised the cookies we use based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide into the following four categories:
- Strictly Necessary
For more information about cookies see about cookies below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
'Strictly necessary' cookies are essential to the operation of the website. They enable features such as the ability to log in to your account and to remember the data you submit as part of the booking process. Without these cookies the booking process will not work and you will not be able to make purchases from us online.
We use strictly necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you enter while booking our products in a single browsing session
- Identify you as having logged in and provide access you our account
- Remember what your cookie preference is
These are the cookies that we have defined as ‘Strictly Necessary’:
Name Type Description
|SESS(x) & SSESS(x)||1st party||Session identifiers, used to maintain data for your current session such as if you have logged in or progress through a booking|
'Performance' cookies enable us to collect anonymous information about how you use our website, the types of pages you visit, and problems you experience. We use the information to make improvements to the way the site works, understand the interests and motivations of our users and measure how effective our communications are.
We use performance cookies to:
- Provide analytics data on how our website is used
- Understand how our customers find the products they buy
- Tracking errors that occur
These are the cookies that we have defined as 'Performance':
Name Type Description
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||1st Party||Created by Google Analytics - used to distinguish visitors, repeat visits, and traffic sources|
|s_cc, s_nr, s_sq||1st Party||Created by Omniture Analytics - used to detect if cookies are enabled, distinguish visitors, repeat visits, click maps, and traffic sources|
|_msuuid_819qjn14090||1st Party||Created by Marin Analytics - used to gain insights into our paid search advertising campaigns|
|adiLP, adiV, adiVi||1st Party||Created by AdInsights - used to distinguish visitors, repeat visits, and traffic sources|
'Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or remember settings outside those preferences associated with a user account you may have with us.
We use 'functionality' cookies to:
- Remember questions we have asked you such as whether you wanted to participate in surveys or feedback.
These are the cookies that we have defined as `Functionality`:
Name Type Description
|No Cookies set at this time|
`Targeting` cookies are connected with services provided by third parties (e.g., ‘share’, ‘like’ and ‘tweet’ buttons). Those providers provide their services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
These are the cookies that we have identified as ‘Targeting’:
Name Type Description
|No Cookies set at this time|
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
More information is available on aboutcookies.org
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted them
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you've accepted our cookies